Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Replacing Cat Trax Tires  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Update... tire is on with no problems. I soaped up the bead and the rim of the hub. I was able to slide the tire over the hub and slide the other side over the hub in about 5-6 minutes. I have a 15-gallon air compressor and was able to set the tire no problem. I do have one spot about 6" long that hasn't fully set against the rim edge yet. It is about 1/8" gap. I got one side to pop into place and just waiting as I have the tire sitting in the sun. Eventually, it will soften up, expand a bit, and pop into place. The tire is holding air just fine. It was much easier than I thought setting the tire.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • I could not get the bead to pop in place with soap, but using wd-40, some rope and a compressor the bead popped right in place.
    Also i used a small sledge and a stout strip of wood to break the bead.
  • Where do you order tires for the Cat Trax? I haven't been able to find the completely smooth tires in that size.

--
    Tim Young
    Hobie 18' + other stuff that floats and goes.
    Kentucky
    --
  • https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nanco-N800-21-12-8/55346860

But, shop around,as I got mine from wally world for like $39ea. Maybe they were on sale??? But, available.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlishttps://www.walmart.com/ip/Nanco-N800-21-12-8/55346860

But, shop around,as I got mine from wally world for like $39ea. Maybe they were on sale??? But, available.

I got mine from Murrays for about $80. I had contacted Cat Trax direct and was directed back to the Murrays site. Locally, a guy got his from Walmart for about $60 per (last week) and had Discount Tire mount them. I was able to mount mine, but I have a air compressor to make it easy.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.