Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Two piece or bias cut trampoline?  Bottom

• So, if you had your way, would you want a bias cut trampoline or two piece? Standard black mesh will be the material, tenara thread.

Also, if you could customize it, what would you do to it beyond the typical?

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • I like a bias cut personally, it reduces adjustments and help save grommets - https://multihullnets.com/Product/bcinfo.aspx

as a custom item i always get an oversized pocket up front
    the little pocket they put in to hold lines is never enough for me and eventually rips due to being so small and tight (and me stuffing it full of crap)
  • Yup- got the larger pocket; have that now, well actually 2 of them and they both get filled up. One for the main halyard, the other for the extra down haul line and furling line from jib and a painter. Might go back with 2 larger sized pockets and a smaller one dedicated for the furler and downhaul lines. Since I'm building it myself, anything else you'd add if the sky was the limit?

Yeah, I know - the cost isn't worth it, but for me this is fun. I like making stuff and have all the tools to do it. But, damn, that Tenara is expensive stuff!

Thanks

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • QuoteSince I'm building it myself, anything else you'd add if the sky was the limit?

YES build me one? jk!!!!

I forgot to mention an under the tramp pocket (with velcro seal) to hold the righting bag is a nice item
  • My boat is on its second bias cut tramp, i would do nothing different

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --
  • Chuck,

I have a spare bias cut tramp for the 21SE if you need it. icon_wink

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • Of course you do Bill - sigh... icon_rolleyes I already ordered the material. But! I really appreciate the offer, and hold on to that thought in case I make a mess of this project. I actually WANT to make one as an exercise/practice. I scored a full-on sailmaking sewing machine from a parachute rigger and want to learn how to use it. Plus, it'll just be cool to do this restoration myself, cause Lord knows it isn't cheaper to do it yourself!

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.