Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

N5.2 Trampoline Slugs  Bottom

• I was inspecting my boat for a regatta this weekend and found two broken slugs on my rear beam. My friend has some spares, but it looks like I have to take the rear beam loose to change them out. Can I take the straps off the one offending corner, swap them out, bolt it down, and race? Seems like I have read of people bedding the beams in caulking before for stiffening.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • Cross tubes should always be bedded. Salt water and grit likes to accumulate in the saddles where you have stainless steel bolts in contact with aluminum.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • I replaced the tramp on my Nacra 5.0 about a month ago and it should be similar. Yes, I just had to unbolt the beam on one side and the beams were not bedded down. I did the starboard side and my boat does not have the straps, just the two bolts inside the beam and a chock. Those bolts are only supposed to be torqued down to about 18 ft lbs so I brought a torque wrench with me and set it to 19 ft lbs when I took them off. This was to avoid twisting out the studs if the nut was seized on. Then set it to 18ftlbs and stopped on the first click when I retightened them. Easy Peasy but my boat is a life long freshwater boat so your mileage may vary.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.