Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 16 jib halyard with sister clip rigging help  Bottom

• Hi,
    I just bought a 1980 prindle 16 and I am trying to understand how to properly Use the sister clip halyard on my jib ( zipper one). I can’t figure out how this should be rigged and sadly, there is few thread about that but too old and all the pictures in the description are gone...
    Is there someone kind enough to show me pictures of how to do it? I have looked at the manual but I am missing something, it’s still not clear to me how it is suppose to work
    Thanks!
  • Start the zipper around the headstay and the halyard. As you pull the halyard zip the luff around it and the headstay. When the jib is hoisted, disconnect the bulk of the halyard (this is connected with sister clips) to a short piece of line which is connected to the wire portion of the halyard. Tie this off with the appropriate tension to I assume a jam cleat at the apex of the bridle. It's a clean way to do it and the sister clips are only so you won't have to make knots. I've never owned a Prindle but I think this is correct.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • Thanks! I got it!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.