Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cover for mast-up storage  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• charlescarlisI intended to make a cover using the material, and still may - especially given what Bob said above - thought that silver backed tarp material from HF might work, but of course...cheap is cheap I guess.

Yeah, the heavy duty silver one is what I bought. The HF manager denied knowing what UV protection was for a tarp.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Edchris177I bought a 20 yard end roll four years ago

Where did you find the end roll offering?

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • klozhaldA tarp may be a good temporary option until you can find someone to sew something better, BUT do not get a cheap tarp. I bought the best tarp Harbor Freight sells and in 7 weeks it parted right down the middle as I touched it. There was no UV protection whatsoever. If you shop tarps online make sure the description specifically mentions UV coating or you are not getting it.
    Go here https://billboardtarps.com/ and look around. They sell old vinyl signs you could use as a cover, among other things.

This is rather promising - though I no longer own the Juki sewing machine that would have been perfect for doing the work! I'll have to see what I can do. Right now all their used material is in black, but even the new material is reasonably priced from what I can see.

--
    Tony H
    Hobie 18
    Sailing Mission Bay and nearby CA
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.