Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Jib Snorkel/ Cover  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Yeah, i guess the snorkel would only suit me for setting up the day before, prepping to trailer out because my routine is to back it in the yard, dump everything out, including sails and soap/water scrub...easier to stretch out sails straight from the bag. So, setup=maybe, teardown=no. If left mast up overnight, certainly.

Looks like a decent job for a quicky/cheap snorkel... Where'd you get the zipper and thread?

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • I usually get mine at 'ZipperShipper.com' (not affiliated).

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • I ended up purchasing the zipper and thread from Sailrite. The zipper was a YKK #10 which is overkill, the Hobie branded snorkel I had previously was the slightly smaller #5. Unfortunately I couldn't find the smaller zipper in the 180" length I needed.
  • I did the same when I replaced the luff zipper on my jib - went with the #10 YKK in plastic. The larger teeth actually make it easier to manipulate, I found ans way more tolerant of junk (sand) getting in there. No regerts.

Same here - Sailrite. I've spent WAY too much money with them! Or, so my wife says... icon_smile

Next project is to replace the window on my main...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.