Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Self tacking conversion  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Hello John,
    How did this project go?
    BTW....I'm also interested in this sort of project. My mast should be fine.....as it has already been set up for a kite. (It's the Alum Marstrom from the 2004 USA boat for the Athens games)
    Cameron

--
    Cameron
    Tornado (Marstrom) USA 851
    --
  • The self tacking conversion is still pending. Got caught up in too many higher priority projects. Probably biggest hurdle will be modifying an overlapping jib.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • ctcatamanProbably biggest hurdle will be modifying an overlapping jib.

Likely better off buying a self tacking jib. Keep an eye on BNR, Landenberger and 1D, can probably find a very lightly used one from them for not much more than having an old one recut.

Edited by wlrottge on Jun 10, 2020 - 04:22 PM.
  • John,
    What kind of snuffer did you end up getting?

--
    Cameron
    Tornado (Marstrom) USA 851
    --
  • Hey Y'all!
    I'm in the processes of doing the same mod on a recently acquired Miracle 20
    Got tracks, car and blocks from Nautos USA. Very good price on everything with HOLT quality.
    Sails for the boat are being custom made by Somerset Sails. I do plan to put a spinnaker on it.
    But that's for later since I have a H16 that I plan on racing and need some TLC.
    I'm glad I found this tread since I had no idea how I was going to bend the track (jk I was just hit it with a rubber mallet, little by little till it got the radius I need. No more cave man technique).

Revintage, I'm also interested to know how you're widening your boats...T beams, longer rudder crossbar, new tramp, bridles and stays? Anything else?
    The Miracle is the narrowest boat I have ever seen and the first thing I thought when I saw it was to widen it.

Best regards to All
    Yam

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.