Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Help with an old run down Sol Cat  Bottom

• Hey everyone. My husband aquired an untitled Sol cat 18 and trailer about 6 years ago and has since let it go in our yard. Im trying to clean it out and instead of pitching all the parts and cutting it up i wanted to check in with some enthusiasts and see if the parts are of general interest ( as im looking on sites Sol Cats are less desirable sold second hand especially in this conditiob ss the parts are no longer nanufactuered) and if parts are what are sought after, which ones would be easy to offload. Or is it even worth the time to list them. So far the sail rudder boards and arms seem to be the only parts i think are of value but Im not an expert on these things and just wanted to know what more experienced cat owners think. I welcome ANY advice on what i should do with her. I feel bad just getting rid of it entirely especially if anyone could use the parts. I also imagine shipping ability is key with anything i pull of her. Thank you in advance.
  • Welcome, Sol Cats are a niche market. Post some pics and tell us where it is. Rudders and center boards are popular.
    There's always the donation route. Is it on a trailer? Do you have titles in hand?
    A Sol Cat is a bit of a rare bird these days. To cut it up for scrap would be a shame.
    Once you get some pics posted folks will start chiming in.
    Good luck, GH

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • I'll read a little closer next time. Yes it's on a trailer, no you don't have titles Duh.
    I just donated a boat. I needed titles for boat and trailer. I had to deliver, so the trailer needed to be roadworthy.
    Have the sails been stored inside? How's the trampoline? Are the hulls solid with no soft spots? what's the condition of the running and standing rigging?
    Throw it out there on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and sailboatlistings.com. you might get a bite.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.