Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

‘81 SC17 trampoline track fix  Bottom

• Hello all,

The trampoline on my ‘81 SC17 started to come away (out) from the track a couple weeks back, and no matter how many times I slide it back in or try to thicken the luff with tape it comes out. Any suggestions??

No pics, sorry
  • I’m surprised that this happened on an old/existing tramp. Is it new?
    I had this happen on a new tramp for my SC 15 and had to have the bolt rope sewn with a slightly thicker diameter.
    I believe you only have two choices, which are alter the bolt rope diameter or the track. Typically altering the tramp bolt rope diameter would be easier.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • I suppose it could also be a cracked track, that might be hard to see when filled with tramp, or even empty.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --
  • take off the tramp
    determine what the issue is (track deformation or worn bolt rope)

replace or repair as needed
  • I had this happen with a NACRA 500 I used to own. When I had a local sailmaker make a tramp, they put to small a bolt rope in it. They fixed it. Since then, I discovered Sunrise Yacht Products in St. Pete. They make a great tramp at a good price.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • Is the tramp forward and aft as tight as humanly possible. Hobie sells a tool for tightening tramps. Looks like a T with a fork at the bottom so you can twist and tighten. They are a great tool to have
  • Thanks for the input everyone. It’s an existing tramp but I only just acquired the boat... in summary it appears that my best option is to remove trampoline and take it to a sail shop? I already removed the track and the track looks fine.
  • Yes, I would remove tramp and take into a sail shop.
    If easily removed, I would also take in a piece of extrusion, or measure the ID of the track very carefully.
    My early SC 17 had a similar issue with old tramp vs new and I believe that SC may have used differing tracks or the tracks they had, had too much tolerance/variance.

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    --
  • Quote I would also take in a piece of extrusion, or measure the ID of the track very carefully.

u can use a drill bit to easily find out the ID

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.