Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

+/- 20' cats w/ largest hull bouyancy..???...  Bottom

• Hi, there. New member here. Looking for some recommendations for cats with the largest hull volume (bouyancy) in the 20' range. Crew capacity and max weight under sail specs are easy enough to find, however, I havent been able to find specs purely based on max buoyancy of hulls.
    Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations are highly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance and hope all out there are having a great summer season.
    Hitch
  • Supercat for sure. The 20 is beast with a 12 foot beam, the 19 is a little more practical at a road legal width. Great boats, the 17 is my favorite
  • QuoteHi, there. New member here. Looking for some recommendations for cats with the largest hull volume (bouyancy) in the 20' range.

what are you looking for?
    actual hull volume values or opinions/recommendations on what the "best" 20' beach cat is for large crews?

If the latter: it really depends on what you plan to do with it

IMHO
    Mystere 6.0 - can be a rocket, or set up for family cruising
    Nacra 6.0 is a beast but not really my first (or 5th) choice for a family cruiser -
    Supercat21 - wet with insanely heavy mast
    Hobie20 - good boat but can be very sensitive to helm

those are what come to mind
    (ps) i own 2 mysteres
  • I am not 100% sure where we are going here but the Hobie 21 Sport Cruiser deserves a mention.

I have been on one with 6 adults and 2 large coolers and it still sailed very well.

More detailed info on why large hull volume is required may be helpful.
  • Supercat 20 has a lot of volume. Also the Hobie 21 has a big hull volume. Both the 21SE and 21SC have basically the same hulls but very different applications.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • The Tornado has slender bows.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Supercat’s can be wickedly fast but wet, wet, wet. Large volume of buoyancy in bows but parts can be challenging.

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • I have been sailing Hobie 21sc for past 2 years. Its a great boat for families, reasonably fast, but stable and buoyant. Easily holfs my family 7 + cooler and gear. The hulls have huge storage + cat cabin makes lots of room.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.