Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Regattas similar to Ruff Rider Regatta  Bottom

• I've been sailing Hobie Catamarans on a lake in Minnesota since I was a little kid. My grandad, whose boat it is and who got me into sailing, used to participate in the Ruff Rider Regatta from San Padre Island to Corpus Christi every year and eventually hoped for me to do the same. I'm 19 and don't have any competitive experience sailing but was incredibly excited to try the race this year with a couple of friends. I recently found out that the Ruff Rider is no longer a race and wanted to see if there were any other Regattas in the region (or really anywhere in the US) that are similarly laid back and fun but competitive. Appreciate any advice given!
  • I’ve heard good things about Slip 2 Ship (OSYC) and Juana’s Good Time Regatta.
    I know there’s plenty more that are fun and challenging. Where are you located? There are other fun regattas in the area of Texas Gulf Coast but not as long and therefore long travel is a henderence.

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    '02 Hobie Wave (Unnamed Project)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    ‘89 Hobie 17 (ill-advised project boat, Sold)
    --
  • http://www.aroundpec.com/

the Premier long distance event on the great lakes.
    This year is the 15th annual
  • Round the Island 50/50 from Ft Walton Beach, Fl to Pensacola and back to Ft Walton. It’s a 2 day event.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.