Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Future catamaran owner  Bottom

• Hello everyone!

I'm a new member from France (although I'm abroad right now because of professionnal reasons) and am joining you because I'm planning to buy a small boat to sail on the Mediteranean coast during the holidays for fun and for fishing. I've done it a couple times on rented boats and loved it, but I now have to learn more about these pleasant little things before I buy one myself, so that I do'nt get something that's not worth it.
  • I don't know France's used boat market but here in the US used beachcats are plentiful and relatively cheap if you're patient.
    Keep an eye out for the trash boats. I would say 50% or more of the old, inexpensive boats I see are trash but the owner just doesn't know any better. Another 25% are in worse condition than the owner wants to admit to and they don't price accordingly.
    If you don't want to work on your boat, pay more for a newer model.
    Good luck and let us know if you have any specific questions.

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    '02 Hobie Wave (Unnamed Project)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    ‘89 Hobie 17 (ill-advised project boat, Sold)
    --
  • That is cool mate, what kind of boat are you planning to buy? For me I still prefer renting boats, buying one is a big decision considering all the associated costs with that, but I wish you the best luck.
  • Thanks for the welcoming messages and for the advice! I think I'll look into buying a new boat if I don't find something really good on the second hand market; it'll be more expensive, but I'd rather be safe than sorry and avoid getting a bad boat that could sink, break (and cost more than a new one in repairs) or other fun things. I used to buy second hand cars even after having a wage that could allow me to afford a new one, but got tired of it after ending up with another garbage box...

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.