Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where to find decent used trailer? New England are  Bottom

• Looking for a decent used catamaran trailer for my 21 in the New England area, galvanized is fine. Does anyone know of boat yard or place that may have one? One for an 18’ cat would be fine as I have extensions that slide over 2” bar to increase width for the 21.
  • Searching "boat trailers" on Craig's List hasn't returned any results?

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • What is the beam ? Trailering wide may mean permits.

If you find a trailer for a mono, you can get galvinized cross bars from Logan Steels bargain barn in Berlin CT.

I like to use Facebook market place, Offerup, bargain news and craigslist

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • You bought Blackjack correct? The ad said it had a trailer. Is the trailer not salvageable?

I agree with John Facebook marketplace and craigslist are your best bet. Don't discount buying a boat with a trailer. Here is one.

https://www.facebook.com/…ce/item/500637140480408/

Edited by pknapp66 on May 12, 2019 - 03:36 PM.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Another one

https://hartford.craigsli…atamaran/6863743879.html

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Yes, I bought black jack and plan to leave it mast up on the trailer in Noank, CT at a marina with launch. The trailer it came with is ok but due to design of trailer the cross bars need to be mounted over center frame so the boat sits very high, also it doesn’t have a mast support either.

I’m fine with buying a boat and trailer, probably will have to. I contacted the $500 H18 in my area but they never got back to me... most of the boat trailers on Craigslist are for powerboats and not sure if the wheels would fit between hulls. Honestly tho some of the powerboat trailers are very nice and would be a great option if length and width are correct.
  • I think that you will find most small boat trailers have the same width between the tires. Many of the
    cat trailers are regular boat trailers with a crossbar kit added. The ones with full size tires most likely will not work for you.

I have seen BlackJack on the water several times
    at the Roton regatta. Looked like a nice solid boat.

Edited by pknapp66 on May 13, 2019 - 06:54 AM.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.