Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Time to Part Ways With My 2006 Blade  Bottom

• I'm looking for advice from the forum on setting a fair asking price for my one owner 2006 Blade F16.
    I'd like to find it a good home. This boat is in So Cal.

I'm 76 now and no longer quite up to singlehanded rigging, launching and sailing this pocket rocket.

The boat, sails, trailer, catbox, yard cover were all purchased new. Beach wheels were used.
    The boat has all the bells and whistles and the overall condition of everything is good.

My idea on setting price goes on the assumption that boats, trailers and equipment depreciate similar to cars and that I should base my price on a calculated value.
    Any suggestions?
  • there are a dozen or so f16 for sale on this site in the classified section
    they start around 4500 and go up from there depending on age and condition and extras

there are lots of variables - sail shape, carbon parts etc

i think 4k - 8k is about avg for the market - again lots of variables
    i suggest you do a search in the classified section and see what others are charging (ps - lots of these have been around and not sold - so you may need to price accordingly
  • There was one for sale here a few years ago for $7,500.00 My bet would be to place an ad as to what you feel is a fair price..

I know more and more sailors are downsizing form the 18 - 20 foor performance boats to A-Cats and such... There was an A-cats for sale here not long ago and it sold in a few days..

Where in So Cal are you?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • The F16 Blade is a great boat. I currently own two of them and will say they are such well made boats. Anything $6k or less is well worth the price for a boat in good condition if you ask me. Folks looking for a light, fun and fast (to those here who are in my fleet both my boats are dogs) keep an eye on this one.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • Thanks for the responses folks.
    I'll put together an ad and post it to the site. Probably go with about $4K as a starter.
    I'm in Orange County, near to Huntington Beach.
  • Saw your ad, that is a good looking boat. If only I was in the market..

Good luck and if I hear of anyone, I'll send them your way.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Very tempting, but moving the boat from CA to PA would be a challenge. I have transported my old NACRA 5.7 that distance, twice! If you know the bearings and tires to be in very good condition, it is worth mentioning in your ad.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • QuoteIf you know the bearings and tires to be in very good condition, it is worth mentioning in your ad.

good call!
    and if not currently sound ...
    a small investment could open this boat up to many other buyers
  • Good point on the wheel bearings.
    Will pull a wheel off and check them.
  • tominpaVery tempting, but moving the boat from CA to PA would be a challenge. I have transported my old NACRA 5.7 that distance, twice! If you know the bearings and tires to be in very good condition, it is worth mentioning in your ad.

I have always been amazed on how tough those little bearings are....

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.