Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sta-Master shroud adjusters  Bottom

• I received a set of Sta-Master shroud adjusters for Christmas this year. One end is 'female' for the boat side but on the shroud side it is 'male' and the shroud ends as a thimble.

Do I need to order a new set of shrouds that terminate differently or does anyone know of a "connector" that can be used on that end? It can't be too long or I run out of enough adjustment to tighten the rig.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • Dan,

How did the thimble connect to the boat? If it was using a shackle why would that not work? I assume that
    you have the assembly manual. I found this page from the manual and they are using what looks like a sta
    master with the thimble but the picture is not clear enough to see the connection. Just leave the rig really
    loose. I hear Blades are faster that way. icon_biggrin

https://www.manualslib.co…e-F16.html?page=7#manual

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • I have the assembly manual ... it looks like they are swaged right onto the Sta-Masters.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • I have the assembly manual ... it looks like they are swaged right onto the Sta-Masters.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • It looks like the shroud is Nicopressed directly into the top of the adjuster. That must be how they come from the factory. If the shortest shackle you can find puts too much length in the shroud for you to be able to adjust it, you're going to have to Nicopress the shroud on to the Sta Master directly. You might need new shrouds.
    You could pin a shackle through the Nico eye and the hole in the adjuster. That puts a lot of load on the pin.If you go that route make sure the pin can't roll out. Use a shackle with a clevis ring pin or a threaded pin you can wire closed.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • Typically a swaged "fork" terminal is on the shroud and a clevis pin is used to connect to the sta-master.

-Mike
  • That would be the way to go if making new shrouds.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    --
  • They're a Selden Mast Dingy product. p/n 174-204 and 174-205. I couldn't find a manual.
    http://www.seldenmast.com…rig_and_accessories.html

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    --
  • As it turns out, the shrouds would be too long if attached to the Sta-Masters with any type of shackle. I could cut them and swage on a marine fork terminal but I think I am going for a spare set ready made.

That said, if any one out there is looking for a new boat, I would recommend an F16 from Matt at Falcon Marine. Although Matt made my boat over 10yrs ago and I am not the original owner, he responds quickly to all my emails, has great advice he gives freely and always seems to have the parts I need. One couldn't ask for a nicer guy.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.