Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Access Port Location  Bottom

• I am going to put access ports in the Nacra to keep an eye on the internals. Putting it equidistant between the side stay anchors and cross beam would allow access to both without over stressing either region.

Too bad previous owner put one right next to side stays on the other side. I may glass it closed and put in symmetric ports.

Stern ports will go midway between transom and beam for sale reason.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • He might have put that port there to replace the shroud

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --
  • That makes sense.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • ctcatamanI am going to put access ports in the Nacra to keep an eye on the internals. Putting it equidistant between the side stay anchors and cross beam would allow access to both without over stressing either region.

If you find something after the inspection, the meaning of “access” will change to being able to reach with one hand. I would rather choose one side or the other. I personally wouldn’t put an inspection port just to be able to look inside without suspecting of a real issue. If something is taking away your sleep, i’d Start from there.

Other approach could be benchmarking: what’s more common around, either from factory or added for repair.

Or if it’s about a general inspection, consider that it shouldn’t be necessary often, maybe once or twice in boat’s life and that’s it. Therefore removing the hull cover might be more appropriate, inspect thoroughly, repair and buy good sleep for next 10 years.

Anyhow, the location you suggest doesn’t seem quite useful to me, you won’t be able to see a lot anyway, unless you put a camera inside. About modifying the other side for symmetry, not worth it! Your brain will filter it out quickly, and potential future buyers will notice either the repair or the asymmetry, I don’t see the former improving their buying decision.

Edited by Andinista on Apr 26, 2019 - 08:37 AM.
  • "I personally wouldn’t put an inspection port just to be able to look inside without suspecting of a real issue"
    +1

If you must see inside for your sanity - i would create a small opening and put a gopro in there and take video
    then repair it and re-gel coat it . (or just use the current ports - throw a light source in there and then use your phone / gopro

Edited by MN3 on Apr 26, 2019 - 10:58 AM.
  • which model nacre
    dagger boards ?
  • 5.0, no boards

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.