Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Texas Mid Coast sailors  Bottom

• Any of you live/sail the Texas Mid Coast? Palacios, Magnolia Beach, Port O’Connor, Seadrift, Rockport area?

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    '02 Hobie Wave (Unnamed Project)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    ‘89 Hobie 17 (ill-advised project boat, Sold)
    --
  • I'm in Corpus Christi, however I've found that there is not that many active cat sailors here, there's a good amount up at TCDYC and there's a small fleet over by canyon lake (Canyon Lake Cats - fleet 128 on facebook).
  • thebdaI'm in Corpus Christi, however I've found that there is not that many active cat sailors here, there's a good amount up at TCDYC and there's a small fleet over by canyon lake (Canyon Lake Cats - fleet 128 on facebook).

I found the same. There has to be some active cat sailors around, right? I’ve seen a few cat sails in the bay. Maybe they don’t believe in the Internet...ha!
    Well, I will sail by every populated area I can find and see if I can stir any of them up.

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    --
  • I'm in Friendswood, relatively new to cats (this'll be my first season with one) but grew up here around sailing, etc. and am finding not a lot of forum activity. But, then i mostly drive a desk, so have a few minutes each day to read.

My buddy, who has a H16, just doesn't get on these forums, like i suspect most don't and hes in IT. I'll be dragging a few teenagers (my kids and their friends) out to Texas City and Galveston, hopefully all summer... Perhaps they can be persuaded to drop devices in exchange for real life fun! kind of ironic writing that here, though...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlisI'm in Friendswood, relatively new to cats (this'll be my first season with one) but grew up here around sailing, etc. and am finding not a lot of forum activity. But, then i mostly drive a desk, so have a few minutes each day to read.

My buddy, who has a H16, just doesn't get on these forums, like i suspect most don't and hes in IT. I'll be dragging a few teenagers (my kids and their friends) out to Texas City and Galveston, hopefully all summer... Perhaps they can be persuaded to drop devices in exchange for real life fun! kind of ironic writing that here,
    though...

Haha! Hey, we have to make the technology work for us.
    Reach out to TCDYC on Facebook. There’s usually always someone out sailing on the weekends and we do have events throughout the year.

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    --
  • Got them bookmarked. My buddy (Steve) knows those guys; am looking forward to it. Several of our common friends have cats. I guess I was eventually dragged into it....

Finishing up a complete re-furb. of a Hobie 21SE with new rigging, lines, hardware, fixed trailer, etc. Ready to launch; 05/01 or earlier. Needs new paint, but it'll sail with epoxy primer first, I guess. Kind of like that 68 mustang I had...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlisGot them bookmarked. My buddy (Steve) knows those guys; am looking forward to it. Several of our common friends have cats. I guess I was eventually dragged into it....

Finishing up a complete re-furb. of a Hobie 21SE with new rigging, lines, hardware, fixed trailer, etc. Ready to launch; 05/01 or earlier. Needs new paint, but it'll sail with epoxy primer first, I guess. Kind of like that 68 mustang I had...

A beast!

--
    Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
    '82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
    ‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
    --
  • charlescarlisI'm in Friendswood, relatively new to cats (this'll be my first season with one) but grew up here around sailing, etc. and am finding not a lot of forum activity. But, then i mostly drive a desk, so have a few minutes each day to read.

My buddy, who has a H16, just doesn't get on these forums, like i suspect most don't and hes in IT. I'll be dragging a few teenagers (my kids and their friends) out to Texas City and Galveston, hopefully all summer... Perhaps they can be persuaded to drop devices in exchange for real life fun! kind of ironic writing that here, though...

You will find me at the dike. Prindle 19 sail number 339 (my good sail) or 309 (old sails)

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --
  • TCDYC does a gathering at the Dike the second Saturday of every warm month. Nothing official organized, but a fun group that gathers, chats, sails, and probably throws a few back. Everyone is family oriented. Bring the boat or we can throw them on other boats. Our organized events are:
    - Advanced Catamaran Clinic: June 8
    - Entry Level Catamaran Clinic: June 22
    - Wayward Winds: July 20-21
    - TCDYC Fun Run: September 14
    - Redfish Reach: October 19

As an event outside of TCDYC, I am hosting a distance race June 1st; Galveston Bay Catamaran Championships with the Alice Cummings Memorial Trophy

If you have any questions about what to expect or any boat questions, feel free to contact me.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • thebdaI'm in Corpus Christi, however I've found that there is not that many active cat sailors here, there's a good amount up at TCDYC and there's a small fleet over by canyon lake (Canyon Lake Cats - fleet 128 on facebook).

thebdaI'm in Corpus Christi, however I've found that there is not that many active cat sailors here, there's a good amount up at TCDYC and there's a small fleet over by canyon lake (Canyon Lake Cats - fleet 128 on facebook).

I'll come down one week and we can bomb a more race with my prindle 19

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --
  • At first that was my plan to sail the bay and intercoastal, but there's a guy here with a hobie 18 that got rescued twice doing that (though it was entirely his fault) still has me a bit scared about the conditions. I do the MORF races every Wednesday I can and I can attest the downtown side of the bay is very choppy when the wind picks up, 3-4' waves pretty regularly.

So far I've only had my Cat out on Canyon Lake and Lake Corpus Christi, I'm trying to find a few days where it's more than 10 kts to practice before I get to to open water and winds of Corpus.

Edited by thebda on Apr 01, 2019 - 08:31 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.