Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Will I need Cat Trax?  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Edchris177Sorry, forgot the photo link. I used my Trailex trailer, that was setup for the Nacras to retrieve an H18 that I restored. This is what I cobbled together for the rounded Hobie hulls.
    I used SS machine screws with countersunk heads, so nothing sticks up from the PVC pipe to damage the hulls.
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=120297&g2_serialNumber=4Edited by Edchris177 on Feb 13, 2019 - 12:35 PM.

Here is my conclusion of this thread:

- I'll take the rear cradles off of my trailer and put some rollers
    - I'll put the cradles on the beachweels and perhaps get rid of the ropes
    - I'll store the wheels between the trailer and the hulls, so that the hulls stand on the cradles instead of the rollers and also to simplify the storage of the wheels.
    icon_smile icon_cool
    It would take some weird modifications, but the end result makes a lot of sense to me...
  • QuoteHere is my conclusion of this thread:

- I'll take the rear cradles off of my trailer and put some rollers
    - I'll put the cradles on the beachweels and perhaps get rid of the ropes
    - I'll store the wheels between the trailer and the hulls, so that the hulls stand on the cradles instead of the rollers and also to simplify the storage of the wheels.
    icon_smile icon_cool
    It would take some weird modifications, but the end result makes a lot of sense to me...

Prindle 18 hulls have a unique asymmetry, which changes the resting point as you push the boat along the cradles. You might find that they sit funny on a standard rounded cradle that is spaced for a standard 8' beam boat. Plus, all the weight is concentrated on a narrow (sharp) keel. Not an issue on 18-2's and new boats with rounded bottoms.

My boat sits on wheels year round, so I ended up ordering narrower H20 trailer cradles and custom spacing them, so the weight is distributed better. Especially if I occasionally climb on the tramp when rigging/derigging.
    https://www.murrays.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/13-7020.jpg

I would suggest keeping those end-ropes/clips on your wheels, for wrapping around the shrouds. The trax will slip around too much while on the water and crossing hilly/bumpy terrain. The clips are great for tying off to buoys, while you go sailing.

I can't image how putting Cattrax under the trailered boat would be easier, but let us know if you work that out.

--
    Prindle 18
    --
  • nohuhu
    I can't image how putting Cattrax under the trailered boat would be easier, but let us know if you work that out.

I won’t, i was just thinking out loud. Sometimrs i do store the wheels hanging under the boat though, tied to the rear beam. They cover the lights so i can’t drive. Not too hard to imagine a solution that brings the lights back and pushes the wheels up.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.