Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tack Line Release System on 2007 F16 Blade  Bottom

• Hello,
    I'm trying to rig the spinnaker tack line release system on a new-to-me Vectorworks 2007 F16 Blade catamaran, and I can't seem to get the right angle of attack for the release line to pull the tack line out of the cam cleat. It seems that the cam cleat would be better positioned if it was mounted on a vertical surface rather than the horizontal surface it is currently mounted to on the front crossbeam. Does anyone have any tips or pictures of their setup? I will try to take some pics of mine and post them.

Thanks,
    Baker
  • bakepotIt seems that the cam cleat would be better positioned if it was mounted on a vertical surface rather than the horizontal surface it is currently mounted to on the front crossbeam.

Both of my Blades (2007,2008) have the cleat mounted horizontally on the cross bar. I am not sure how it could go vertically. My 2007 is a bit different because the PO set it up to have lines run internal to the sprit. Send/post pics and I can compare it to my set up.

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • By the way, congrats on the boat. If you are new to F16 sailing, you are going to love it. To me, it seems to be the best of all things beach cat ... no offence to all other boats! Where are you located?

--
    dk

Blade F-16
    Hobie 14
    Corsair F-242
    Mirage 25 (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    Hobie Tiger (Sold)
    TomCat 6.2 (Sold)
    --
  • Go take a look at the Nacra setup. I'm betting you have the release line on the wrong side of the cleat; it goes between the pole and the cleat, rather than after the cleat.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.