Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Fort Myers Beach area HOBIE Cat storage?  Bottom

• Hello, I’m new to the Hobie Cat sailing adventures and purchased a 16’cat. Joined a sailing club in Bloomington IN,and am quickly making some new friends. Unfortunately, the weather is starting to change towards cooler weather and I see the season coming to an end. My 2- Sons both live near the Fort Myers Beach area. My question is I’m hoping someone might know of a location near the beach or in the area that I could store the Hobie and we could continue the new found addiction. Also, would like to possibly get aquatinted with a local sail club if there is one in the area. Our place is in Marco which is where I would sail from when we are down there,but would prefer to have it near the Boys for their enjoyment. Also, I have gained much knowledge and enjoyment from reading questions and responses from fellow boaters. Thanks for a wonderful forum! Respectfully, barecat
  • Fort Walton yacht club has a ton of beach cat storage and Randy Smyth runs the program so you’ll get the best advice there is when it comes to sailing a catamaran.
  • QuoteFort Walton yacht club has a ton of beach cat storage

Fort Walton is about an 8 hour drive from Fort Myers, hope we can find him something a little closer icon_wink

Edited by jalex on Sep 29, 2018 - 09:40 PM.
  • I am not from the area so not much help for mast up storage help, but launching off the Sanibel Causeway is pretty nice. Easy launch right from your trailer, easy gulf access to the south and Pine Island sound to the north which has a few small islands and can get you to Cayo Costa state park which is a must visit for the area
  • Oh lol. Read his post as fort Walton. Dang text on my phone is too small, or I’m getting too old..
  • Sandy Hook Bay Catamaran Club... It's about 20 hours away in NJ, but worth the drive....
  • Thanks for the replies, I'll keep looking as with all the beaches & water, I'm certain there are places to store boats while not being used. We will definitely check out the Sanibel Island area for sailing and launching as one Son kite boards in that area already. Sandy Hook Bay does look nice and I'm sure it's worth the drive, I'll keep it on the radar. Again, thanks to those that responded. Barecat

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.