Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Harken Piviot Block - Old Skool!!!!!  Bottom

• Anyone here have two of these you could part with at a fair price? They are the Harken HK291. Send me an email to nacradriver@yahoo.com

https://static.shoplightspeed.com/shops/609908/files/004331987/600x700x2/harken-discontinued-block-29mm-pivoting-lead-with.jpg

Thanks

Edited by JohnES on Aug 28, 2018 - 11:08 AM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I don't, but I patrolled Ebay for a while in search. There's still new old stock (NOS) of these showing up... Harken has moved on to the composite cheeks, but I was matching a stainless flip-flop I already had.

Randii
  • I do
    Will take pictures tomorrow
    What are you using them for a mainsail down haul
  • HULLFLYERI do
    Will take pictures tomorrow
    What are you using them for a mainsail down haul

Yes and thanks

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I think I have 4 of them, two different sizes. IIRC 2 are in like new condition.
    I have to cross the Pond, to London tonight. I’ll be back at the Lakehouse on Saturday, if you PM me an address, I’ll send you photos.
    Ha, just saw your addy in the original post, I’ll get them to you.

Edited by Edchris177 on Aug 29, 2018 - 07:27 AM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Hey Ed,

If you are looking to unload I need 1 large and 2 small. Shoot me a PM or email at my username@gmail.com

-Sam
  • I had a ridiculously hard time finding these blocks. West Marine has like 7 left in the world and they are in Canada. I tried calling the stores to get the blocks shipped and they laughed at me. But they apologized like they do..

I ended up lucking out and finding someone on eBay that sold me 12 new ones but at almost full price. I may have some extras that I would be willing to part with.

I also used the new Harken carbon ones that work just as well but are larger.
  • Since we are on the topic of these downhaul blocks.... Not too surprisingly, I found that they easily get bent/damaged beyond repair if you lower the mast and allow them to absorb any of the mast weight. I removed one the other day when I had to lower my mast for a quick repair.

Edited by traphappy on Aug 29, 2018 - 01:47 PM.
  • traphappySince we are on the topic of these downhaul blocks.... Not too surprisingly, I found that they easily get bent/damaged beyond repair if you lower the mast and allow them to absorb any of the mast weight. I removed one the other day when I had to lower my mast for a quick repair.Edited by traphappy on Aug 29, 2018 - 01:47 PM.

Ah yes, that is why I have deployed a quick release pin for the longest time with these blocks... makes getting them on and off so much easier.. Plus they don't rattle about and ding up your mast when your trailer your boat at above 20 MPH.... another reason to take the off... It is a 3/16" with a 1.5" grip

https://cloudfront.zoro.com/product/full/Z0qO0yocpIx_.JPG

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Great info John. I'll employ your tip!
  • I've been using the Harken 396 for downhaul with no issues so far, one season on it.

https://www.harken.com/productdetail.aspx?sku=396

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • I have been using the old school ones on my down haul and spinnaker halyard since '89...and now I am replacing the 150 cam with a new one for my spinnaker.... icon_wink

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.