Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailing in the panhandle this Sept.  Bottom

• I am planning on sail this Sept. in Florida's panhandle. Juana's Good Time Regatta Sept. 7th ,8th and 9th and Fort Walton Yacht Club 50/50 Round the Island Sept 21st, 22nd and the 23rd.

I would like to get other Hobie 21 to join in the fun. So far, Tom will bring his 21 for Juana's.

Anyone else? icon_cool

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • decide what your doing between events?
  • MN3,

We want to hangout out with the Hobie 16 National event the week right after Juana's than sail over to Fort Walton and sail all week with friends before the 50/50. icon_smile

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • nice
    let me know if you head south - if the weather and timing is right your more than welcome to jump on board my cat in dunedin
  • Would like more info. on Juana Good Time Regatta. Yes I have read all that they have posted, but I have never done the event before. I'm not a local, not familiar with the area and it's a 10 hour drive for me. So here are my questions.

Courses, from what I can tell the blue would be the approximate location of the marks for the distance race (Sat.) and the yellow triangle for the buoy race (Sun.)?

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=130352&g2_serialNumber=3

I see no information as to parking. Can you drop your trailer and where? Will they pull trailers on to their beach etc.. Just a bit concerning if you're going to do a 10 hour pull and not know what to expect. I really don't like "doing a regatta" the first time just to see what it's about.

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • There is copious parking for vehicles and trailers. Look at google earth. Saturday race is to a mark that complements what boat you are racing (i.e. spin boats sail to the farthest mark, slower boats shorter coarse)

What to expect? Only 10 hours? A bit concerning? There will be sailors from California, Ohio, Texas, etc. Quit mucking around here and pack up for the time of you life with another 100 cats and great fellowship, great host, great venue.

--
    Philip
    --
  • I've been at the Juana Good Time Regatta every year since 1998 (just realized that's 20 years!) and will be their this year with my H18, it's about 8 hours for me. Last year I came down without my boat and registered for the Wave "off the beach" timed races, that is a lot of fun if you'd rather not tow a boat down.

Good way to scout it out if you are unsure.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.