Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Thanks to my Dunedin Causeway friends!  Bottom

• The Dartsailor family had a big milestone this past weekend - we made it out to the Gulf of Mexico for the first time! In the past, we stayed in the intercoastal waterway out of fear that we might not be good enough sailors to manage the open ocean. We were also concerned that if we got in trouble out there, we might not be able to get ourselves back in. Thanks to the kindness and guidance of the other causeway sailors, we got out to the gulf in an nice, steady 10 knot wind. We didn't stay out long, because it was later in the day and we had a kid to pick up. Nonetheless, it was wonderful to be in open water with a steady wind and no traffic to constantly watch out for. I'm seeing a picnic lunch up at Three Rooker Island in the future!

Dana

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • Good thing i warned you about bringing that banana with you! banana

was fun to see others out there this weekend
  • I have no doubt that our success was entirely the result of eating the banana on land! icon_biggrin We had a great time too and hope we get some days with the right wind earlier in the day so that we can spend more time out there.

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • we are pretty much stuck in the summer time wind pattern: light air or no air until the sea breeze
    and if it's light air - it may fight the sea breeze and nullify it

so when you go out a pass ... keep that in mind

yesterday i went in and out hurricane pass several times ... the last time i had 4 knots of sea breeze (from the west) fighting 4 knots of current rushing out ... it was mildly painful

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.