Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.8 in the weeds  Bottom

• I am on the hunt for a Nacra deal and found this one on FB. $2,500 feels a bit steep for a boat in the weeds. Any tales of woe?
    https://www.facebook.com/…ce/item/1129576353847663

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • If it has useable sails and all the parts it may clean up well, but he needs to come off that price a lot, like 75%. That trailer is probably of no value. I rescued a Hobie 16 in a similar situation because I wanted the sails and beach wheels, it turned out to be a solid boat. To be honest seeing that picture at that price I thought it was a joke
  • i would flip it and inspect for blisters or worse (soft spots from moisture wicking)
  • Thanks. I already have three mono hulls and I think my wife would kill me for buying a fourth boat. I was thinking if the boat cleaned up well it would be worth $1,800. 75% off would be $625. He said the trailer has new tires and towed to its resting place from Oklahoma. All of this is a shot in the dark since it is near Birmingham and I am in Mobile.

--
    --
  • Yes, $625 would be my price, and that's if it has all the parts. If its worth cleaning up he can do it and get close to his asking, if its not, or he's not willing than it needs to be rock bottom pricing. Just my thoughts, good luck with the wife. My girlfriend doesn't understand why I have 2 cats within 2 feet length of each other. She thinks they are the same
  • That pic truly defines "weed cat". I think $625 is a bit high. What condition are the sails in? You will have close to $2500 in that boat by the time you get it cherried out. The seller should probably pay you to haul it away.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it looked close to the one you posted to me.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1549287275198190
  • That one is a Nacra 5.2.

a1cncNot sure if this is what you are looking for but it looked close to the one you posted to me.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1549287275198190

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • rch701Thanks. I already have three mono hulls and I think my wife would kill me for buying a fourth boat.

Come now, that’s hardly a marina.
    I had 10. My wife started to make noise...so I sold the canoe.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Quote...so I sold the canoe

I convinced my wife that the 2 canoes I have are not sailboats and are not limited by sailboat rules. She may call me out on that when she realizes one canoe has an opti sail.

I told the guy he was high on the price and he was welcome to call me to talk about it. He responded with a smiley face...not sure how to take that.

--
    --
  • [quote=rch701]
    Quote. . .not sure how to take that.

Here's how I would take it. Walk.

Doesn't sound like he's interested in selling. To me it's a red flag to list it in the Pensacola Marketplace yet the boat is near Birmingham and was registered in Oklahoma. This is my area and I've never heard of or known about this boat, so it's a sleeper.

AFWIW, without the boards it's worthless.

--
    Philip
    --
  • QuoteI had 10. My wife started to make noise...so I sold the canoe.

haha!
  • Maybe I am just old school but, I wouldn't negotiate the price through text messaging.
    Sometimes the seller and the actual boat can actually be in different locations and be legit. When I first talked to the seller about my boat, he was in Nashville, Tennessee, the boat was in the panhandle of Florida at his beach house, and the boat was registered in Tennessee. The seller had the boat listed in the Okaloosa/Walton area on craigslist even though he wasn't going to be in the area for several weeks when he posted the boat for sale. My example all worked out obviously. If I were seriously looking to purchase the subject boat here, I would ask all sorts of questions, logistics included, but it would definitely be over the phone if not in person and not through text messages.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • QuoteMaybe I am just old school but, I wouldn't negotiate the price through text messaging.

I tried that. He never called me. I just found a Prindle 18-2 at my club that the owner is interested in selling. It looks to be in similar condition to this 5.8, but it comes with a square top, cat box, and cat wheels.

--
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.