Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mast step thingy  Bottom

• We have a new to us F-16 Falcon, which is great, but we are missing a part for the mast hinge, which has come pretty close to disaster. The stainless cup in the mast base sits on a round stainless ball on the beam. There should be some sort of U shaped clip to form a hinge that keeps the mast base on the ball during raising and lowering, but we don't have it. Hence, the mast has left the base at a couple of bad times.

Does anyone know where to get the U clip? Or maybe who makes this mast step? Or even, have a photo of one so maybe I could fabricate one?

--
    Falcon F-16
    Taipan 4.9
    S2 7.9
    --
  • Call or email Falcon Marine
    http://www.falconmarinellc.com/contact.html

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Meanwhile secure it with a cord, it won’t keep it in but at least under control
  • Thank you Andinista, that thought finally occurred to me also. It should minimize the chaos. However, we still need a way to reliably step the mast.

Matt is a great guy, but Falcon Marine is going gangbusters right now with other boat contracts, and I personally have found it hard to get cat supplies directly from them. I've been working this mast step hinge for two weeks now, no response, and it's driving me crazy.

Does anyone know who makes this mast step?
    Does anyone have a photo of the mast step U clip for the stainless ball step?

--
    Falcon F-16
    Taipan 4.9
    S2 7.9
    --
  • MN3, thanks for the manual. That boat has the conical step, like my Taipan and Vipers. The newer Falcons have a small circular ball. That's the step I need parts for.

--
    Falcon F-16
    Taipan 4.9
    S2 7.9
    --
  • mookieMN3, thanks for the manual. That boat has the conical step, like my Taipan and Vipers. The newer Falcons have a small circular ball. That's the step I need parts for.

If it is the same exact unit - you can probably order it from Red Gear Racing as they are a US distributor of Capricorn boats and parts

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.