Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Regatta events  Bottom

• I am wanting to attend both Juana Good Time Regatta Sept. 7th ,8th and 9th. And also, I want to sail the 50/50 Round the Island, Fort Walton Yacht Club....Sept. 21st and 22nd....Now my question is what to do in between event without leaving the panhandle? icon_rolleyes

--
    Bill 404 21SE
    --
  • man, i overlooked this post due to it's title ... i really don't get into race threads these days ...
    but now that i see it's about non race fun...

if you don't mind the drive .... cedar key is pretty great. small, old school fl town (rapidly growing into tourist-ville, like everywhere in fl)... but great place to visit. sailing at high tide is fun and easy access (a whole road is a free ramp) right next to cool hotel ( farawayinn.com). low tides is "not foil friendly"

an hour south is weekiwachee springs (https://weekiwachee.com/kayak-rentals/rentals/)
    rent a kayak and float down a 72* spring with all sorts of life through ever-changing plant, water-life and wildlife as it goes from spring to brackish to saltwater (and they have mermaids)
    a few rope swings, lots and lots of fish and birds and more... it's pretty amazing

an hour south is dunedin causeway with bay and gulf access with 2 night mast up with $10 permit
    great hotel at marina - downtown is feet away
  • I have both those on the books for this year. Juana’s had like 100 beach cats 2 years ago when I went and was the most fun even for sure. The round the island was more of a put your game face on kinda weekend so fun wasn’t really the goal during the event. The fun is printed on the results sheet Ed’s for that if you did your job right.

I’d probably come back between the events but I think you can camp out at ft Walton club.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.