Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

nacra boards  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• [quote=P.M.]
    JohnES
    tamumpower1

Regarding the holes on the boards reducing windage... when did they legalize pot in FL? icon_lol Edited by JohnES on Jun 24, 2018 - 01:44 PM.

SMDH. Agree John, crazy some of the stuff you read on the web!

Obviously, "somebody" has never tried to put a 5.8/6.0 board in a 5.5 slot.

Interesting so are you saying5.8 and 6.0 boards fit the 5.2 ? Tony
  • [quote=catsalor]
    P.M.
    JohnES
    tamumpower1

Regarding the holes on the boards reducing windage... when did they legalize pot in FL? icon_lol Edited by JohnES on Jun 24, 2018 - 01:44 PM.

Interesting so are you saying5.8 and 6.0 boards fit the 5.2 ? Tony

NO!

5.8/6.0 boards are different from the rest. It was sarcasm.

--
    Philip
    --
  • QuoteRegarding the holes on the boards reducing windage... when did they legalize pot in FL?

CBD oil (2014) & Medical cannabis (2016)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Florida

Edited by MN3 on Jun 30, 2018 - 08:54 AM.
  • catsalorDoes anyone know if boards from other nacra catamarans will fit on a Nacra 5.2 ?

nice writeup on the history of Nacra and boat history
    http://www.nacra-na.com/about-us.html

Edited by MN3 on Jun 30, 2018 - 08:55 AM.
  • [quote=P.M.]
    JohnES
    tamumpower1

What’s the thickness difference. The slots in my square are not even close to being tight on the board. Thing bonks side to side in light air.
  • QuoteWhat’s the thickness difference. The slots in my square are not even close to being tight on the board. Thing bonks side to side in light air.

I just got my Nacra 5.2 the previous owner has put small felt pads sticky on one side to fill the space yet let the board slide nicely seems to work well so far
    Catsalor
  • Ok, I just was out in the garage and checked the two boards I have. The original 5.2 board is ~3/4" thick depending where you check. The newer board is ~1" thick a little less at the bottom, but that could be because of the reach of the caliper not going far enough up to get to the max chord thickness.

What I recall when I made the modification was doing all of the work at the bottom of the trunk. I don't think it required taking the full 1/8" per side off since the trunk was pretty loose in the first place. It was just a sanding event until the new board fit. I use indoor outdoor carpet on the top of the trunk to pad the board from rattling around and I could only add the carpet toward the outer edges on the top of the trunk for the thicker board (on just one side of the trunk). As compared to across the entire top of the standard board. But it works just fine in this configuration. One of the other very notable differences is the weight difference between these two boards. I just put both boards on the scale and the original is 10 lbs. and the newer board is 12 lbs., which feels like a lot more than that when you are pulling it up.

I don't know what boat the newer board I have was built for. Just got it from Performance Catamaran when they were still in business.

Edited by dmgbear55 on Jul 01, 2018 - 10:46 AM.

--
    dg
    NACRA 5.2 #400
    This End Up
    Original owner since 1975
    --
  • Boaters Resale Shop of Texas has some 5.2 boards. This is not my business, they sell used gear and have a run of catamaran parts. I picked up some P-18 rudders and noticed the 5.2 boards. They also have a I-20 board still in plastic. Sorry, I cleaned them out of foam battens.

But, to reiterate the answer to the original question; the 5.8 & 6.0 boards are bigger. I have raced a 5.2, 5.8, and 6.0. The width of the boards do vary. I had one set of 5.8 boards that were about 1/8" narrower that the other set.

I haven't broken a board, but I have had a couple delaminate. Rudders, those are good to keep a couple spare. I have broken many of those.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.