Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Catamaran delivery  Bottom

• Need a nacra 20 brought from Larchmont NY 10538 to Delray Beach Fl 33444. Boat is on a good aluminum roadworthy trailer. Will pay $500
    561 305 1349
  • What is U-Ship charging these days?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Etrailer sells a hub with greased bearing in a little plastic suitcase for $45. Should have it along with spare tire for the trip. Pete
  • I see hullflyer said a good aluminum roadworthy trailer but......

I have towed a large variety of small and large boat trailers coast to coast in US and Canada including Alaska a few times for more than 30 years over hundreds of thousands of miles, probably over 1M. I have some pretty good towing disaster stories but never locked up a bearing. They tend to give you plenty of warning before failure and I have found it to be a good idea to do a walk around on every fuel stop.

I would be much more concerned about dry rotted tires, rusty U bolts on leaf springs, correctly torqued lug nuts and fully functioning lights as well as properly secured vessels and accessories. In my experience those items are much more probable points of catastrophe.

Also, I take special care with surge brake systems and safety chains on larger trailers.

Sorry hullflyer that I hijacked your help wanted request for trailer safety 101.

It is possible I will be doing a Central PA to North FL trip end of June and could accommodate your trailer. There is a powerboat race in Berwick, PA June 23-24 I may be attending.

Brad

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.