Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Forward Sailing Trapeze Harness Light  Bottom

• My crew is ready to start trying life on the wire. 110lbs, 5ft. so she needs a small harness. Checking around things appear to have changed a bit in that most offerings are only sized S/M, L/XL, XXL. I don't need anything radical, just a basic full harness so I went to Murrays site only to find they no longer have their branded harnesses available (I used and liked the Murrays full harness for years). Murrays does carry this harness which looks like it might fit the bill:

https://www.murrays.com/product/47-061/

Has anyone tried this one? Comments? Pros/Cons?

Thanks

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • only comment is "WOW"
    i'm a little shocked that they stopped producing these - they were very popular

I guess it wasn't economically feasible to manufacture anymore (esp since kite boards have become so popular and many other brands make them now)
  • only comment is "WOW"

I guess it wasn't economically feasible to manufacture anymore (esp since kite boards have become so popular and many other brands make them now)
  • only comment is "WOW"

• MN3,

Kiteboard and windsurfing harnesses don't work on a sailboat. I like and recommend magic marine harnesses, but Gill makes a comfortable one and I suspect the Forward Sailing harness is good too.
  • samc99usMN3,

Kiteboard and windsurfing harnesses don't work on a sailboat. I like and recommend magic marine harnesses, but Gill makes a comfortable one and I suspect the Forward Sailing harness is good too.

I sail with at least 4 cat sailors who use dakine harness on the cat

I tired one on once, and hung in a trap wire (at a surf shop) - it didn't provide any lower back support and i didn't like it - the other sailors i know who use them swear by them (and at least 3 are top catsailors here)

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.