Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Part It Forward Free Radios  Bottom

• I have a set of Standard Horizon HX -350-S handheld radios up for grabs... All I ask is that you pay for shipping...

Rechargeable batteries need to be rebuilt... Also has a dry cell battery pack that works real well...

The batteries can be rebuilt for about $50 to $75 or about $25 in parts if you're capable to do it yourself.. I have upgraded to the newer model..

Here is what is included...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nacradriver/26980215158/

Send me a PM and this is first come first served... and I don't see the fright being more that $15.00 anywhere in the 48 states...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • That's very nice of you. You'll be rewarded with good karma, winds and days out on the water where sailing is perfect :)

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Our local volunteer fire department could put these to good use if you wanted to donate them.
  • I’m interested, but only if the volunteer firefighters decline.

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • I'm going to officially pass as I was in West Marine this weekend and they were running a sale on their handhelds. For those interested, the West Marine VHF75 is $89.99 until March 25th. I purchased the VHF160 for $129.99 because it adds a strobe when it hits water and a second battery tray that will take AA batteries. I figure that alone saves me replacing the battery in a few years.

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • dartsailorsI'm going to officially pass as I was in West Marine this weekend and they were running a sale on their handhelds. For those interested, the West Marine VHF75 is $89.99 until March 25th. I purchased the VHF160 for $129.99 because it adds a strobe when it hits water and a second battery tray that will take AA batteries. I figure that alone saves me replacing the battery in a few years.

They were swooped up a few minutes after the post...

iComm makes good stuff... I have an aviation handheld that has been abused and is still working like the day I got it... But I think it is Yaesu that is making them for West Marine.. could be wrong. Yeasu makes some prettey darn good stuff.

You really shouldn't have to replace the battery every few years if you take care of them.... the ones that I just gave away lasted me a good 15 years. I would drain the battery once a month by leaving the radio on overnight, and then fully recharge it... Even have this on my MS Outlook calendar as a reminder..

West Marine sale... yes, they have some deals going right now, that is why I upgraded to the newer Standard Horizon... The one I have now has a duel transmit option... I can broadcast with 1 watt or 5 watts... Once you start transmitting you battery can go quick... I like having the lower power option for checking it with the committee boat etc... and the extra boost should I need to call in a dust off..

Edited by JohnES on Mar 19, 2018 - 12:48 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.