Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mary Wells, RIP 1942 - 2018  Bottom

• Found out today that Mary Wells, widow of Rick White and long time publisher of Catamaran Sailor Magazine passed away from COPD in Ohio on January 28th.

Mary did a lot over many years to support the catamaran sailing community and grow the sport. I know many of you met her at regattas or at Rick's Place in Key Largo.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/files/mary-wells-facebook-profile.jpg

Her daughter Stacy wrote an amazingly personal and touching account of Mary's last days and made it public on Facebook. It was an extremely emotional read for me because my Father passed away last June in a very similar way, after suffering with Pulmonary Fibrosis for for four years.

If you have a Facebook account you can view her post here.
    https://www.facebook.com/…e-end/10155205950502647/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • May you rest in peace Mary.
    Thank you so much for all that you and Rick did to support Beach Cat Racing worldwide.
  • Mary was a great sailor and racer as well
    RIP
  • Touching tribute.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • A hard few years... Hobie Alter, Rick White, Mary Wells... and Warren Miller. Jan and Meade Gougeon... some giants in beach cats and boat building in general. I suppose the best thing I can do is sail in their memories.

Randii
  • I agree, very touching. Man, that was hard to read through watery eyes. Rest in Peace Miss Mary, fair winds and following seas.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Loved Mary's newsletters and they were what induced me to return to cats from tris and to this extent, difficult recent losses indeed as let's not forget Ian Farrier,

James
    Hobie 17 modified
    F25C modified

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.