Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2 part polyurethane paint  Bottom

• Anyone have experience with Epifanes 2 part polyurethane paint. Have used Perfection with roll and tip with great results but is no longer available in Canada due to possibility of Health issues.
  • Any two part linear polyurethane is going to carry serious health hazards due to it's chemical makeup.
    They all require a more exacting standard for temperature, humidity, mixing ,application and safety.
    The documentation that comes with the paint will tell you much more than anything you can find on the web.
    The horror stories of other peoples application disasters, however, are most informative.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • My question is more on the comparison of the two. Is Epifane results as good as Perfection ? Epifane seams to be the only 2 part now available in Canada.
  • My apologies,I have never used Epifanes, only Perfection. I'd bet they perform much the same.They are both a more consumer oriented product than Algrip or Imron.

Edited by gahamby on Feb 04, 2018 - 08:20 PM.

--
    '82 Super Cat 15
    Hull #315
    Virginia
    Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
    --
  • Haven't used the 2 part. Have used epifane varnish. Still looks new after 2 years in the weather.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.