Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Beware of the Craigslist Seller TOM in Niceville FL Selling a Hobie 20 Miracle  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

• sailerrick

Apparently you don't know Tom well..... Everyone knows hes a DICK .... Hell .... It didn't take me 1 minute on the phone before he showed his ass....All I said was Hello Tom.

If that was your opinion Tom after spending a minute on the phone with him, why did you bother to carry on the conversation and move forward?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • It is normal for me to use bad grammar while typing and even worse speaking bad grammer and using prepositional endings. I also notice it as well.I catch myself typing there instead of their sometimes. My sentences are terrible. You will not catch me calling someone an idiot. Calling people idiots, jerks,mentally challenged trolls, holes and whatever is not acceptable anywhere. I was shocked by all of the name calling here and I am so glad others joined in as a family to correct this unusually strange thread. I am so blessed to be a part of this group. You guys are always here when we have problems with our beachcats and always get great help when we need answers. Happy New Year and be safe sailing.ec

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • ecIt is normal for me to use bad grammar while typing and even worse speaking bad grammer and using prepositional endings. I also notice it as well.I catch myself typing there instead of their sometimes. My sentences are terrible. You will not catch me calling someone an idiot. Calling people idiots, jerks,mentally challenged trolls, holes and whatever is not acceptable anywhere. I was shocked by all of the name calling here and I am so glad others joined in as a family to correct this unusually strange thread. I am so blessed to be a part of this group. You guys are always here when we have problems with our beachcats and always get great help when we need answers. Happy New Year and be safe sailing.ec

I have terrible spelling and grammar as well... THAT is why i don't call people jerks ( just kidding, i still call em jerks)

The Sailors I know (especially cat sailors) seem to be adventure seekers, strong willed and opinionated ! so it is not hard to believe we have strong feelings and emotions and occasionally outbursts :)

This is a great forum full of great people (and MUCH more aware of being polite - than many other sailing forums)

Thanks for your input and happy new years too
  • I say we all go down to Nicevile , take that trailer(good or bad) down to the beach and light her up bomb-fire . Roast some dogs off it ..down some beers ... breakout the Tequila , even !!! This mess , just like the hangovers , will pass . Hell , this could even develope into “ Tom’s Terrible Trailer Beachcat Regatta “

Tom, from the pics, it looks like someone will get a fine boat. We had a guy with a Miracle 20 at our club for a few years and had great times sailing together ..such a nice boat and pretty quick . Anyways, Hope you plan on another cat and stay with the group..
  • Hopefully Tom will convince the next one it's safe to tow...... On his way home hopefully all of you trolls will be traveling behind him! Carma is real!

--
    Still looking for a good used Catamaran
    Jacksonville FL
    --
  • hopefully the right owner will get this beautiful cat and sail the snot out of it for years

Edited by MN3 on Jan 04, 2018 - 10:48 AM.
  • sailerrickHopefully Tom will convince the next one it's safe to tow...... On his way home hopefully all of you trolls will be traveling behind him! Carma Karma is real!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
    In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community

It wasn't us that came in here calling the seller "a jerk and idiot and dangerous liar, recklessness and life endangerment, suggesting he should be charged with Manslaughter, attacking his professional abilities, dragging in his wife, and everyone else who "needs their troll heads examined"

over some (totally common) rust issues under a trailer used in florida sun/sand

whom is the troll?

Edited by MN3 on Jan 04, 2018 - 12:09 PM.
  • This thread is an ugly stain on an otherwise normally pleasant forum. It reflects poorly on the beach cat sailing community where, in my over 30 years of experience, sailors are normally open minded, easy going, and cordial to others.

I disagree with Damon’s decision not to delete this thread, but it’s his site and he can do as he chooses. But we all have the power to discontinue posting and just let this damn thing die....

sm
  • I still think this thread needs to be deleted.

Edited by ec on Jan 05, 2018 - 09:56 AM.
  • Dang it, I ran out of popcorn. Wow, sounds like someone needs to chalk this one up as a life lesson and just move on. This is a great and helpful community for sure, people on here are not trolls and definitely not idiots, there is a wealth of information to be found within the pages of this forum, all put there by people who know what the hell they are doing. Too bad the OP had a bad experience, but shit happens. Suck it up, be mature about it and move on, preferably away from this community and cat sailing altogether.

On a side note, "Carma" is not real, but whoa, "Karma", now that's a whole different animal altogether!!!

Edited by martyr on Jan 04, 2018 - 04:25 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I have read this thread before, maybe a few years ago.

--
    Ted
    Hobie 16
    South Carolina Lake sailing
    --
  • I agree with those that suggest a more civil discussion. I had an experience of finding a "great deal" on a Nacra I20 about two years ago. Flew out from Maryland to Minnesota then drove two and a half hours to Rice Lake, Wisconsin. Wanted to see boat myself before it was shipped. People who now owned boat but were not sailors said boat was sailing just two months ago and "everything looked good". On arrival Mylar main had two massive tears, jib furler was removed and jib was wrapped around forestay, had replaced rear access port with larger port that buckled and could not screw down cover, spinnaker pole was broken, and sail box leaked and all sails in it were wet (5 jibs no other main except ripped one). People were civil and offered me a discount but with cost of repairs and shipping was not a good deal. I was never sure if they tried to scam me or if they just didn't know. I actually dried out sails on lines prior to leaving and was not nasty about my experience. On my way back driving to airport in Minneapolis, I got a call from a guy who was interested in the boat. He also used this forum. Talked for over an hour with him. He understood problems but did not need to pay for boat to be transported and he purchased the boat. Lesson learned: deals that usually are too good to be true are usually pipe dreams, get lots of pictures of boat, trailer, and all major equipment (especially sails) prior to seeing boat.

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • From everyone's responses it seem you all would push your grandmother in front of the bus just to make a buck!!!

With friends like you, who needs enemies?

--
    Still looking for a good used Catamaran
    Jacksonville FL
    --
  • Then get off of this Forum.....When you are no longer "Still Looking for good used Catamaran" and actually own one come back with a better attitude!!!

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • The hobie 20 was sold. Someone got a good deal. As far as what Pete says, I second that.but I hope he never returns to this forum.

--
    --
  • The sailed Rick person just sent me a very fowl message and I feel threatened.. This person should not have access to this forum. If these messages continue to appear on my message then I will just discontinue this forum. People like this should not be permitted to come here. I am to oldfor this.

--
    --
  • ecThe sailed Rick person just sent me a very fowl message and I feel threatened.. This person should not have access to this forum. If these messages continue to appear on my message then I will just discontinue this forum. People like this should not be permitted to come here. I am to oldfor this.

Sorry to hear ... - you shouldn't get harassed by anyone on here
    Please don't take it too personally (if one butt head is being ... a butt-head) and I hope you will stick around - your contributions are appreciated

Please contact Damon -https://www.thebeachcats.com/pm/newpm/uid/2
    he is the site admin (and owner) and can address the issue and remove anyone who isn't following the rules (be respectful to others)

Edited by MN3 on Jan 16, 2018 - 09:56 AM.
  • After examining the message Tom mentioned and sailerrick's history of posts on the forum and PM's I've decided to deactivate the sailerrick account.

sailerrick if you read this, please understand that you were warned on how to behave on this site and you have repeatedly failed to do so and abused everyone here.

The kind of behavior exhibited by sailerrick is so rare that I can't remember the last time in the 15+ years of owning and managing this site.

sailerrick, if you have a need to contact me, please use the "Contact Us" form linked in the main menu. You won't be able to send any more PM's or post on the forum.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thank you Mn3, Thank you Damon. It's a great site.I am proud to be part of this community.

--
    --
  • Yes, big thanks here as well. That guy should not have acted the way he did, very immature to say the least. Now let's move forward as a community, hey it's going to start to get warmer in a few months, lots of cat sailing to do. Whoo hoo!!!!

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.