Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Improved Daggerboard Trunk  Bottom

• I just saw this video and it shows a really slick way of improving the fit of the daggerboard trunk to the daggerboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XdjhtaxAR0

For sure it would require a very smooth and parallel board, but it would eliminate banging and would reduce drag. It would probably really suck though if you got some sand or gravel in that extremely tight tolerance gap between the board and the trunk. So this fix would only be for those wanting the least amount of drag possible around the daggerboard.

--
    dg
    NACRA 5.2 #400
    This End Up
    Original owner since 1975
    --
  • The N17 teams were doing basically the same thing, adjusting the board angle of attack using a filler compound (bondo etc.) in the bottom slot. I'll be doing the same on my foiling A-Cat soon enough; the product shown is basically a filled epoxy type product, McMaster-Carr has many.

This certainly works well for putting the board in the exact spot you want it. I don't think it does much for drag vs. a standard exit-the goal is to stop the board from moving and to keep it aligned with the hull. As you point out, the downside is high, and the board has to be perfectly free of debris to avoid scratching. Even with carpeted trunks this is the case.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.