Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cheap 18-2  Bottom

• Good for parts or a small project. https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/boa/d/prindle-18-2-catamaran/6370166981.html
  • Yes. This could be a good project cat. Lacking any other issues, I'd pick it up if it were on this side of the continent.

Edited by klozhald on Nov 19, 2017 - 03:17 AM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Hello folks, I bought this 18.2 prindle yesterday and pulled it back home safely. It has 5.5 nacra main and jib plus the original jib. I'll replace the tarp. Hulls are very good. Rudders are OK dagger boards need some work. I will tear it down to the hulls go inside the hulls and check it out. I believe it is an 89 year model. I'll need help on the resin and fiberglass. All help will be appreciated thanks ec

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --
  • Add a post signature in so people know if they are close to you.

Edited by tamumpower1 on Nov 29, 2017 - 12:27 AM.
  • Located in Bainbridge, GA. Sorry I am not sure what to do.

--
    --
  • QuoteLocated in Bainbridge, GA. Sorry I am not sure what to do.

Sign in to the site.
    Select any thread, then look near the top, just below where the first post in the thread.
    See the four topics?
    View Posts, Search Forums, View Your Posts, PERSONAL SETTINGS.
    Select the last one, then add what ever you want to your signature.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I believe that might work .Thanks

--
    --
  • I recently bought a trampoline for SLO Canvas for the Prindle 18 that I own with my brothers.. Carl did a great job and the tramp looks very strong with a lot of extra stitching. Delivery was on time at the quoted three weeks (end of August this year)
    I am pleased to recommend him as a potential source for your 18-2 tramp needs.

--
    1991 Nacra 18 square
    1979 Prindle 18 "Tigger"
    --
  • Thank you. I hope the nacra 5.5 sails works on the 18.2 if not I have a sew shop

--
    --
  • I meant to thank trampower for the thread on my prindle. I check everyday on craigslist and noticed it and when I read the thread you guys thought it might be a good deal. Thanks again

--
    --
  • No problem man. Just doing my catamaran civic duty
  • Hey EC, click here:
    https://www.thebeachcats.…99f616cc45b0d8176e47589a
    Data, articles and photos of the 18-2.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Thanks Bob, nice pics, I know nothing about my 18.2 it has Nacra 5.5 sails because the past owner sold the originals but claims the 5.5 will work. I have a leather shop and sewing machines to help make them work if possible.Needs new trampoline cover. I will take the hulls apart go to the inside reinforce insides with fiberglass if needed do the outside if needed and sand and paint. I want it to look new and know it's a lot of work. Any input on the 5.5 nacra sails to use on the 18.2?

Edited by ec on Dec 12, 2017 - 05:21 PM.

--
    --
  • ecAny input on the 5.5 nacra sails to use on the 18.2?

Have not tried NACRA 5.5 sails on the 18-2.
    The luff, or forward bolt rope part of the 18-2 mainsail that slides into the mast kerf is approx. 22 feet 2 inches long, if that helps. The 5.5 is close to the same size/weight as the Two, but the NACRA mainsail is boom-less, so the sail swap is not without some issues.
    I think the 5.5 mainsail also had an extended luff below the last batten that went nearly to the mast base.
    Have you rigged the boat fully yet, and is this the case?

Did your cat come with the Prindle boom? Even if you do not use it with the NACRA mainsail, it will be good to have and/or expensive to replace. It had a 4:1 internal outhaul, and adjustable mast rotation control. It's also a nifty place to mount a paddle, compass, radio, wireless speaker and course charts.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Yes it has the prindle 18.2 boom. I did get .2 jib but no main except for the nacra 5.5 sails. I have not set it up yet I have been so busy wi t h my alligator belt store during the holidays. The hulls are very solid except for a few spots. My last boat was a hobie 16 and I did alot of sailing from 1971 to 1985 until a wave crushed the boat in the Gulf. This is my second cat. Can't wait to get it in the gulf. I will test it in a local lake just to mAke sure I can handle it.

--
    --
  • By the way, Bob thanks for helping me with the info on the 18.2 I see you have one.I am sure your boat is very nice and you probably are an expert sailor. Thanks again,Tom

--
    --
  • Hey Tom, I’m just down the road from you in Tallahassee. I sail a Hobie 16 and a Gcat 5.7, maybe our paths will cross on the gulf one day. Not a Prindle sailor but happy to lend an extra hand getting her on the water if you need it
  • Yeah, sounds good. We will have to sail together. I'll be going a lot to the Panama city area this spring and summer. I can't wait to bust my butt in the Gulf! Have not sailed in a long time but I'll go for it. I hope to start getting it fixed up soon. I got a deal on it I think lol. I did not realize it was 8.5 feet wide until I got it home. We will stay in touch thanks,Tom

--
    --
  • ecBy the way, Bob thanks for helping me with the info on the 18.2 I see you have one.

I have posted as much 18-2 info as I have on this site specifically for people like you.
    The assembly manual is in jpg format, so that download is easy, especially if you only want to print certain pages.
    Some of the other people here have posted fantastic pics of fiberglass repair, Prindle rudders, etc.

Your Two is gonna shine when you get it in the ocean. It was designed for waves and wind! I love sailing mine offshore.

[PDF would have been a simpler, single download, but putting JPGs and PDFs in the same album causes problems for Damon (the admin) and I crashed my entire first album after fours years of work by fiddling too much with the album settings.]

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • Much appreciated everyone for the valuable info

--
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.