Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Furler issues as well  Bottom

• Although my weird oscillation issue was a one time thing, I'm having regular issues with my furler. It seems that I set it up, open the jib, sail, but then can't furl the jib back up when needed. For context, the last time I sailed, I coiled about 75% of the line on the furler in the opposite direction of how my jib was rolled. My jib tends to be rolled clockwise, so I wound the furler counter-clockwise. I started sailing and deployed the jib. When I came in, I pulled the furler line and it only coiled about 25% of the line. What am I doing wrong here?

Dana

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --
  • 1). Rig your jib.
    2). Release the furler line and completely unfurl the jib.
    3). Pull in the furler line all the way and cleat it.
    4). If the jib does not completely furl, then disconnect the jib blocks from the clew and manually wrap the jib around the forestay until it is fully furled. Then re-connect the jib blocks.
    5). Release the furler line and completely unfurl the jib to confirm it will open all the way.
    6). Then furl the jib back up.

If the jib does not completely furl and unfurl after doing steps 4-6, then your furler line is too short.

sm
  • +1

feel free to grab one of us if you have questions or issues

PS if your furler is "locking up" you may need new bearings - but that's not too likely your issue
  • +1
    &

PS if your furler is "locking up" you may need new bearings - but that's not too likely your issue
  • Hey Dana,

There is guy here Dartman... that really knows a lot about Darts... you may want to ring him up I am sure he will be glad to help..

https://www.thebeachcats.com/profile/view/Dartman

Edited by JohnES on Nov 14, 2017 - 07:14 PM.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • MN3+1

Andrew:

Actually, during a storm where I found myself hiding out at the same island as Ray and Ron, Ray re-rigged the furler line for me. This happened after that, which is why I thought I'd post. I'm going to follow Dogboy's instructions the next time I go out and see what happens. If I see you or any of the others, I'll grab you as well.

John: I'll definitely ring him up!

--
    Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.