Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trailer mods  Bottom

• This is what I did to make the trailer easier to move around. The hand truck with ball works great. A real back saver.

Pictures here.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=129197

Edited by ctcataman on Oct 15, 2017 - 11:19 PM.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • i like it!
    esp the second coupler - will make hooking up a lot easier, i have a spare and might try that

i have a (northern tool) trailer dolly - it is the only way i can solo my 6.0 into my back yard
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2yafNDVkX5duNXcLqplnemIcZZjr-Upl5nsgxQVKrrj5Bc4Ml&usqp=CAY
  • The hand truck balance probably isn't as dialed in as the dolly, but it's not bad.

The second coupler is good. I first had nuts down, but it hit the mover, so I flipped them.

A pipe flange might work too, but not as secure.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • What is the benefit of the second coupler? Maybe hooking up when the first is connected to the car?
    But I would think the dolly or hand truck would interfere with the tongue of the trailer if connected at the second coupler.

Edited by yelkenli1 on Oct 16, 2017 - 02:53 PM.

--
    Ted
    Hobie 16
    South Carolina Lake sailing
    --
  • Yea, not really seeing how this is easier or better than a standard tongue jack with a caster wheel.

It seems like you would be very limited with this arrangement since the dolly can only come in from the side to hook up to the bottom coupler.

sm
  • the second coupler would on be used only at the last 1' of movement (for me)

when i am close i would "park" the (main) coupler on the side of the ball
    rotate down my jack,
    relocate the dolly ball to the second coupler
    and attach the trailer to the car

It would eliminate all the "jacking" and the final manually set of the hitch/ball (saving the back by using just the dolly)

Edited by MN3 on Oct 17, 2017 - 10:41 AM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.