Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.8 (Non-NA) Line list issue  Bottom

• Ok, so I always do things big, I bought 2 seperate 1983 5.8's. I am missing some parts from each boat but the other has the needed parts, so I will be building 1 boat and parting out the rest.

My problem is the running lines, most are total crap or missing and I need to know what to replace them with. Murray's has a complete line kit but it seems really costly and I want to mix and match colors.

Can anyone provide a good starting poit? The manual is useless

Thanks

--
    "Of course it's safe"
    --
  • All the lengths are there

http://www.slosailandcanvas.com/nacra-5-8-line-kit/

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • Ok, I am an idiot, I never scrolled down... thanks Bro!!!!

--
    "Of course it's safe"
    --
  • Ok, I want to pick and choose my lines but OMG there are so many brands/types and styles, anyone have a recommendation?

I am looking at Yale maxibraid+ for the mainsheet

--
    "Of course it's safe"
    --
  • afvenom

I use Yale Maxibraid plus in 5/16 for my mainsheet. It's similar in the hand to polyester double braids like Samson's XLS and New Englands Sta-Set. I've used it to do several tapered main sheets for other sailors in my local cat club, both in 5/16 and 3/8 diameters.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Thanks for the reply, I have two boats and have none of the mailsheet blocks/pulleys etc. I know in Austrailia they use a 10:1 and I think factory is 7:1. I prefer heavy wind sailing and suspect 8:1-10:1 might be how I shoud set it up. I am looking for used parts and can maybe mix a few new if needed. What say you?

nacra55
    afvenom

I use Yale Maxibraid plus in 5/16 for my mainsheet. It's similar in the hand to polyester double braids like Samson's XLS and New Englands Sta-Set. I've used it to do several tapered main sheets for other sailors in my local cat club, both in 5/16 and 3/8 diameters.

--
    "Of course it's safe"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.