Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

2017 Juana's Good Time Regatta  Bottom

• Just wanted to say what a great experience Juana's Regatta was. This was my first time participating. The organizers and the participants made this a very fun and memorable event. Already looking forward to next year.
  • The Juana's regatta sounds really great. I wish there was a way for me to travel 1700 miles each way with my cat and get to enjoy the regatta.

I shouldn't complain, though. Lee Wicklund has traveled that far from Texas to Ventura CA for the Tri-Point race like four times, though he gets David Cerdas to drive it.

90 sailboats? It's been a while since I have seen that. The party sounds wonderful, too.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • klozhald

I shouldn't complain, though. Lee Wicklund has traveled that far from Texas to Ventura CA for the Tri-Point race like four times, though he gets David Cerdas to drive it.

Speaking of Lee Wicklund, he traveled 1,500 miles recently with his zodiac to rescue Harvey flood victims and ended up with quite a bit if expenses for repairs to his boat and trailer, not to mention the travel and work time missed.

There is a GoFundMe setup so those of us not as "hands on" can help out, I always prefer seeing money go to someone I know for sure instead of some large organization.

If you can help,
    https://www.gofundme.com/rescue-boat-repair

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • klozhaldThe Juana's regatta sounds really great. I wish there was a way for me to travel 1700 miles each way with my cat and get to enjoy the regatta.

90 sailboats? It's been a while since I have seen that. The party sounds wonderful, too.

Usually I think some folks start showing up and sailing during the week prior to the regatta, and the 50/50 round the island is the following weekend. So if you have the time you would get in two weeks of good sailing for your trouble in traveling so far.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.