Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Ever have one of those DIY moments...  Bottom

• Just painted the other hull of my project boat and by far, up close and fine detail wise, it's probably gonna be the worst paint job on the beach, but just knowing I did it myself makes it the best in my mind. icon_biggrin

Sometimes I think I'd prefer to have something be less than perfect but know I did the work myself than to always have something professionally done. And besides you learn enough along the way to do it better next time....like hanging the air hose from the ceiling so it doesn't smack and smudge the side of the freshly painted hull as I walk around, or checking the weather so you don't start painting with the hull halfway out of the garage and it start raining... icon_rolleyes
  • or you put on the 4th layer of gelcoat and you added the right amount of pigment but realized you forgot the MEKP
  • Or getting the gloves on and the west system mixed and the gloves have a bit of epoxy on them and then you remember to start cutting fiberglass mat strips to size - argh!!

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • MN3or you put on the 4th layer of gelcoat and you added the right amount of pigment but realized you forgot the MEKP

windwarddeOr getting the gloves on and the west system mixed and the gloves have a bit of epoxy on them and then you remember to start cutting fiberglass mat strips to size - argh!!

Done all those things before too haha. Last night I also sat the gun down to refill the cup and didn't realize it picked up a clump of fiberglass strands on the tip. I then proceed to blast the mess right onto the boat. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?! man I was pissed

Edited by tamumpower1 on Aug 18, 2017 - 05:36 PM.
  • +1 to all of the above
    Acetone is our friend

--
    Supercat 15
    Windrider 17
    Several Sunfish and Sunfish clones
    Ratboat built from Zuma and Sunfish parts
    Shallow water sailor in the Delaware Bay
    --
  • Quoteast night I also sat the gun to do refill the cup and didnt realize it picked up a clump of fiberglass strands on the tip. I then proceed to blast the mess right onto the boat. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?! man I was pissed

that really sucks
    you win

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.