Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Getting back on cat  Bottom

• I know this has been discussed before but are there any new thoughts on lines or ladders to assist on re-boarding cat after rigthing it? Got ARC 21 this year and had a very hard time getting back up on tramp after righting it. Hull volumes are larger which make it great to sail but getting back on board was not fun. Have placed a bowline in righting line at level just below depth of hull. Used this as a step and was much better. Any better ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
    Scott
    ARC 21
    Prindle 18
    Annapolis, Maryland
    --
  • Reach up and grab the trap handle, float parallel to the with your feet facing the rudders. Swing the inboard leg up on the hull, pull on the handle and roll with your leg up and on to the tramp. That way you are lifting 1/2 your weight with your arms, and 1/2 with your legs. Works surprisingly well, and doesn't drag your trap hook into the hull
  • Had a thought a while back and it never got any farther than that, but I will share. Since the use of righting poles seems to be gaining popularity, my idea was that it would be pretty simple to add a couple small steps to the sides of the pole. After the boat is righted, simply climb the righting pole/ladder to get back on board.

sm
  • +1 with MikeKrantz - this is my method after an exhausting battle with cold and wet gear trying to get up via a beam

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.