Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

H18 Hull Dissection  Bottom

• I've got a set of H18 hulls that I need to get rid of. They have a lot of repaired delamination on the decks and some spooky waviness on an inboard side ahead of the front crossbeam. So, I do not believe these to be seaworthy. I am cutting them up today and thought maybe someone could use some profiles or other information regarding the interior of the hulls. Or maybe a section for patching. Let me know of any interest.

--
    Bill Mattson
    Prindle 19 "Gelli Bean"
    Prindle 19 "Cat's Pajamas"
    Nacra 5.2 (Will sail her a bit and let her name herself)
    --
  • http://i67.tinypic.com/293ttvl.jpg

--
    Bill Mattson
    Prindle 19 "Gelli Bean"
    Prindle 19 "Cat's Pajamas"
    Nacra 5.2 (Will sail her a bit and let her name herself)
    --
  • Make sure to take the shroud and bridle anchor plates off. They are in short to no supply on the used market usually and not that cheap.
  • Take off all the hardware; gudgeons, eye straps, everything

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • fill the hulls with hydrogen and push it out to sea - then shoot flaming arrows at it -

VIDEO PROOF or it never happened !!!!

:)

BTW - Jeremy from surf city catamaran's used to make videos of cutting up hobies - was always neat (and a little sad) to watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEZJd-LpUws
  • QuoteMake sure to take the shroud and bridle anchor plates off. They are in short to no supply on the used market usually and not that cheap.

those items are very sellable, here or Ebay. I looked quite a bit to find them when I did the upgrade to my H18.
    Also, take a bunch of photos showing the inside of the hulls & post them in an album here. It will be a great resource for those undertaking hull repairs, especially in daggerboard trunk area.
    If you want, send me the photos, & I'll build you an album.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.