Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Why Didn't I think of That?  Bottom

• why did i spend all that money on hull cradles? when i could have done this for practically nothing?
    j

https://ksu.craigslist.or…-sale-in/6177480342.html

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Haha, I once had the hull of a Sunfish placed on some round wood poles like that and I could move it around on my patio at the time.
    The ad says that POS can hold up to 5 people and 1000 pounds, yeah, good luck with that.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • QuoteThe ad says that POS can hold up to 5 people and 1000 pounds, yeah, good luck with that.

every boat has it's place and perfect conditions:

this one can double as a duck blind - and probably carry a few deer too!
    perfect x-mas gift for the hunter in your family
  • Years ago a group of us use to travel to different regattas with our Hobie 18s. One of the group was an odd duck. We had stopped at a rest stop for a break. For some reason he climbed up onto his tramp and a moment later the front cross bar cracked in half and the front of the hulls hit the ground. We were trying to figure out what to do. When he ran into the woods. A few minutes later he comes out of the woods with two pieces of pine tree limbs. One about 3ft long the other about 2ft. It was probably one piece until it hit the ground and snapped. He then gets a couple of people to lift the front hulls so he can lashes the two limbs to the cross bar with some spare line he has. We had about another hour drive to the regatta, so we made him drive at the back of the pack. None of us thought his solution was going to hold. Pine is not the strongest wood and the limb was weak enough that it had already snapped off from the tree. As it turns out, it not only held up going to the regatta and back home; he went to 4 or 5 other regattas after that, with his pine limb repair. We still made him drive at the back of the group.

--
    Prindle 18 w/ wings, Prindle 16, Prindle 15, current
    Hobie 16 in rebuild
    2 Hobie 18 past
    NACRA 5.2 past

Saint Cloud, Florida
    member Lake Eustis Sail Club
    http://www.lakeeustissailingclub.org
    --
  • Noticed a guy at the lake who used a 2 x 4 as a boom on his 16. Real proud of it. When he came ashore in the afternoon, the boom had split lengthwise, starting at the eye bolt he used for the clew. The split resulted in two long, very pointy pieces aimed at the lee side of his cat, one end puncturing his trampoline.
    I pointed out that if his kid was crewing on the lee side when that 2 x 4 split, it could have impaled him with considerable force.
    The man's proud smile faded.
    Common sense is mis-named.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.