Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Don't be this guy (person)  Bottom

• And by "this guy" I mean the writer of the story, not the sailor. Anyone from Massachusetts know the cat sailor?

Person picked up off overturned catamaran off Sankaty

http://www.ack.net/news/2…ed-catamaran-off-sankaty

Quote(July 12, 2017) The Coast Guard and a good Samaritan rescued a boater after his catamaran capsized near Sankaty Head Lighthouse off the island’s eastern shore Tuesday afternoon.

An officer of the Massachusetts Environmental Police called the Coast Guard at about 3:20 p.m. to report the vessel, a red, 15-foot Hobie Cat catamaran, had capsized, and the person was in the water about a half-mile east of the lighthouse, Cost Guard officials said.

Coast Guard Station Brant Point launched its 47-foot motor lifeboat, and when they arrived on the scene a good Samaritan had picked up the boater, who was not identified, from the water, where he was clinging to one of the boat’s pontoons.

The boater was transferred to the Coast Guard vessel and brought back to Station Brant Point.

As of 5:30 a.m. Wednesday, the vessel was still adrift about a quarter mile south of Tom Nevers beach on the island’s south shore.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • i don't understand the issue with the author?
    besides calling the hulls pontoons (which is common, even (ugh) from some catamaran sailors) and saying it was a 15' hobie (possible but unlikely)

The real issue (i have) is WITH the sailor - why would you accept assistance, but leave the boat (unless hurt)?
    The CG typically will not tow a boat back in

Edited by MN3 on Jul 12, 2017 - 02:29 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.