Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Tarp Tape Tip  Bottom

• Thought I would pass this tip along since we're at mid-season and there is a good chance a few people are seeing some damage to their hulls from rocks, docks, etc. after sailing. I scraped along the shoreline last year and gouged my hulls on the rocks, slightly breaking thru the gelcoat. I covered the gouge with this tape to seal it against water infiltration and it got me thru the season until I could repair it in the fall.

The tape is quite sticky and holds well but removes easily without tearing. White matched my hulls so well that it was invisible to the average passerby. I carry a roll in the car as it would work well for emergency repairs as well.
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=128328&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • Good tip!
    I carry some 2 part pool epoxy in a very small tool kit onboard (in a planters peanut container) just incase i damage some gelcoat or pop a whole in my center-board well (a rock or shackle or other can fall down there and ruin my day) - the pool epoxy doesn't seem to ever get gel-coat hard, but will cure underwater

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.