Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where Is Waldo?  Bottom

• The Waldo Lake "event" is coming soon. Are you making plans to sail on one of the world's most pristine lakes? This lake is so deep we can't set buoys to mark a course, so we will just lie about who got around the lake the fastest. If you want some calendar class photos of you on your boat floating on water so clear you can't see the water, we will help you with that. We will also help with the bug spray and a screen tent to keep the hungry locals from feasting on you (only a problem when the breeze drops).

For more information on this incredible location you can contact me directly.

dmgraf55@centurytel.net

--
    dg
    NACRA 5.2 #400
    This End Up
    Original owner since 1975
    --
  • I'd love to see that lake, just 2,300 miles from Memphis!

If the lake is over 5,000 feet elevation how high are the peaks around it?
    https://www.thebeachcats.…viewtype/details/eid/827

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Maiden Peak just SE of the lake is about 7,600 ft., the "hills" just east of the lake are 7,300 ft.. There are serious peaks in the area too in the 8,500 ft. range and visible from Waldo Lake. Crater Lake is just south and may be deeper yet and for sure is almost as clear. Unfortunately they won't let you sail or boat on that lake.

Waldo may be as close to sailing heaven as we can get. No motor boats and a 10 mph. speed limit, that I swear if I can get that ticket, I will pay it and frame it proudly and then post an image of on BeachCats.

So for reference Mt. Washington in New Hampshire is 6,289 ft. and is the tallest thing in the east.

--
    dg
    NACRA 5.2 #400
    This End Up
    Original owner since 1975
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.