Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Ronstan RF 76 furler  Bottom

• Anyone used this little furler for a beach cat. 3700 lbs breaking limit. Thinking about using it on the dart

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    Windrider Rave x2 for sale
    --
  • Despite some negative reviews on longevity we decided to give one a try on a boat that does not get a lot of use. It is really quite small and does not hold a lot of line which should not be an issue for your Dart. It definitely is not as smooth as a Hobie or Harken but for the price I believe worth the trade off. I found it odd that it mounts with the opening upwards rather than using the cover to shield it from weather like Hobie does.
    The biggest issue we found was that the slot in the bottom connection was too narrow for even a standard chain plate to slide in and pin. A few minutes with a cutoff tool and that problem was rectified. I believe for the price it
    is worth it for the weekend sailor. For those that get out more go with a Harken.

Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Thanks Pete, it arrived today it is a dinky little thing but seems robust enough.

Edited by onekiwi on Jun 30, 2017 - 08:37 PM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • I see Seldon and Barton marine make small furlers also

Edited by onekiwi on Jun 30, 2017 - 08:37 PM.

--
    Carl

Dart 18x2
    Nacra 5.8
    1967 B-LION for sale
    1985 Hobie 18
    --
  • Love my Harken on my Dart 18 and Prindle 18-2. Once I rebuild my Nacra 5.2, it will get one too!!!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.