Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mystere 5.0 XL Beam Screw nut are broken  Bottom

• Hallo,
    i am a german mysteresailor and on my last sailing tour, i have broken a screw nut thread in the hull, where the rear beam is screwed in the hull.
    https://goo.gl/photos/vVPGL5j42LYo95ov9. Here is a picture.

did somebody know how to repaire this. The beam have two screws at every side, there are screwed in the hull. Have every screw its own screw nut or is there a metal-plate crosswise mounted?
    Can i threading a greater thread, i thing it is a M8 screw, so i can try to make a M10 thread?
    Thanks for every idea!?
    best regards and excuse my bad english
    vhering
  • Hi - I have 2 mystere's
    to be honest, i am not 100% sure about the rear beam but i would guess it is like the front beam.
    under the beam area, under the fiberglass there is a small square metal plate that is embedded into the glass that the bolts screw into.

I was able to feel this part by sticking my hand into the hull (via deck port), and reach up under the beam... the plate "sits" right there on the front -

if your beam bolt has gotten loose or wobbly you PROBABLY can tap it out to a larger hole and buy a bigger bolt, or use a Heli-Coil and replace the threads. i have used a Heli-Coil on my mystere 5.5

IF your metal plate has broken free and is spinning, you will need to get access to it and glass it back into place (rare but happens)
  • I drilled and tapped to one size larger on my Nacra. It worked very well. Other use heli-coils with good results.

Edited by tnell on Jun 26, 2017 - 09:23 AM.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Hallo,
    Mein 5.0xl ist durch einen Sturmschaden zerstört. Ich hätte aber dann Segel abzugeben:
    Großsegel von kangaroo sails, Pentax mit Latten(4 Jahre, wenig gesegelt) und eine Fock von Landenberger, 1 Saison.
    Außerdem diverse Teile (Ruderanlage).
    Interesse?
    Lars Hiddemann Lars.castrop@gmx.de

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.