Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Dynamic Sailor  Bottom

• I just wanted to give a shout out to Dynamicsailer.com
    They have the best prices, tax free, and offer free shipping. They carry a selection of New England Ropes as well as others, and can custom cut any length you need. They also have an assortment of sailing hardware and accessories.
    I purchased new halyards and jib sheets, (will order main sheet next), and went with the Sta-set line, and I am very pleased with my purchase. The 3/16 lines for the halyards were only .38 cents a foot, and the 5/16 line for the jib sheet was .74 cents a foot, and I found this to be the best prices anywhere, and shipping was very fast and free.
    Anyway, check them out for yourself and compare. I just wanted to pass this along to anyone needing some new line.

Edited by martyr on Apr 30, 2017 - 04:01 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • you have a typo

it's sailor not sailer

https://dynamicsailor.com/
  • Quotehttps://dynamicsailor.com/

martyrI just wanted to give a shout out to Dynamicsailer.com
    They have the best prices, tax free, and offer free shipping. They carry a selection of New England Ropes as well as others, and can custom cut any length you need. They also have an assortment of sailing hardware and accessories.
    I purchased new halyards and jib sheets, (will order main sheet next), and went with the Sta-set line, and I am very pleased with my purchase. The 3/16 lines for the halyards were only .38 cents a foot, and the 5/16 line for the jib sheet was .74 cents a foot, and I found this to be the best prices anywhere, and shipping was very fast and free.
    Anyway, check them out for yourself and compare. I just wanted to pass this along to anyone needing some new line.Edited by martyr on Apr 30, 2017 - 04:01 PM.

Martyr, do you know these guys? First I've seen them.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Well, dang, sorry for my mistake, how do I make the change in the heading?
    I do not know them personally. I was searching ebay and came across them, sent a message about different lengths and diameters of line and they sent me a message to check their website dynamicsailor.com for custom lengths. I checked the site and found their prices were cheaper through the site than what they had on ebay. I received my order super fast, even though I chose the free shipping option which should've taken longer, and each bundle of line came tied with a nice card stating length, diameter, and that it was custom cut for me. I thought that was a nice touch. I have exchanged a couple of emails with them and they said they were trying to grow the business and expand their product line.

I don't seem to be able to edit the heading or the original post in order to correct my mistake.
    It is dynamicsailor.com
    Go to the site and read the "about us", it's pretty cool.

Well I figured out part of it anyway and was able to change the heading.

Edited by martyr on May 01, 2017 - 09:50 PM.

--
    Marty
    --
  • i checked a few prices from APS - they beat them all
  • I have bought line from them, very satisfied with the experience

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • I think I'm going to stick with fisheries supply and APS (local). Fisheries supply has FSE Robline dinghy control in 4mm for $0.54/foot vs. dynamic sailor at $0.56/foot. Not enough to sway me either way but Fisheries carries this particular line in more diameters than dynamic sailor and also has a wider selection. To each their own.
  • samc99usI think I'm going to stick with fisheries supply and APS (local). Fisheries supply has FSE Robline dinghy control in 4mm for $0.54/foot vs. dynamic sailor at $0.56/foot. Not enough to sway me either way but Fisheries carries this particular line in more diameters than dynamic sailor and also has a wider selection. To each their own.

Its also worth noting that APS kicks in raffle prizes to several regattas I attend each year. That is enough to earn my business short of significant pricing or service differences.

Edited by bacho on May 02, 2017 - 08:00 PM.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • Well, I was only posting this because I thought it was a good deal and thought others could benefit from it, that's all.

--
    Marty
    --
  • For anyone interested, Dynamic Sailor has a sale on New England Ropes, Sta-set and Sta-set X until May 23rd. 10% off regular price.

--
    Marty
    --
  • martyrFor anyone interested, Dynamic Sailor has a sale on New England Ropes, Sta-set and Sta-set X until May 23rd. 10% off regular price.

You might want to consider some of the Sta-Set X (instead of the regular Sta-Set) for your jib halyard. The jib halyard on the H16 sets (and needs to hold) the tension for the entire rig, and the Sta-Set is eventually going to stretch. In light air it may not be a problem, but as loads increase the stretched halyard will result in sloppy mast/shrouds/trap wires, difficulty (maybe inability) to fully tighten the main sheet, and a bent off jib luff wire that diminishes pointing ability.

This is not critical for the line portion of your main halyard as it is only used to raise the sail....the hook and wire portion hold the load.

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • As far as halyards go I recently replaced may main halyard which was Stay Set (came with the boat) with a ultra low stretch line. Now hooking and unhooking the ring is sooooo much easier and faster. Faster and easier = more fun on the boat.
  • QuoteYou might want to consider some of the Sta-Set X (instead of the regular Sta-Set) for your jib halyard. The jib halyard on the H16 sets (and needs to hold) the tension for the entire rig, and the Sta-Set is eventually going to stretch.

http://www.briontoss.com/spartalk/showthread.php?p=5111
    After one season I am not happy with the Stay Set X I used to replace my jib halyard (furling). The standing end has become very stuff and unworkable.

Just a data point... I've had recommendations to use XLS Extra for halyards instead of Stay Set X.

I would recommend a dyneema core for the h16 jib halyard for the reasons stated above
    I love robline dingy control line for this type of use - it's my main halyard on my reefable 6.0 - the reefed main doesn't hook and relies on the halyard

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.