Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trampoline Repair  Bottom

• Any good shops around to get a trampoline restitched?

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • Any good shops where?

A brand new tramp is under $400, and by the time you pay repair costs and 2-way shipping, it's going to be hard to beat that price unless you can deliver it in person to a local sail ship/ repair shop. DAMHIK. Any canvas and awning shop can repair stitching. Otherwise, you will need to find a marine, or sail repair shop and we all know they charge 3X.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • What exactly needs to be restitched? I have had places that do marine/auto upholstery patch me up to get an extra season out of it. If it's more of a significant repair I agree with above post, better to save the money for a new tramp,
  • It just a bit old, and new stitching buys some peace of mind.

There isn't a hiking strap so that could be added at the same time.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • If it's just stitching, take it to any company that does awnings, or boat canvas. We restitched the 5.0 tramp, 3 years ago, as a bunch of threads were rotted/loose. It still looks fine. I think he charged $40, & basically restitched every thread.
    If you want hiking straps, take some close up photos of others & show them, so they do it right. You need a "doubler" on the bottom, especially in the middle. Many straps now incorporate a 1/2 turn, that prevents the strap from laying flat, makes it easier to slide your foot under.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I ALWAYS pay for the premium teflon thread that has superior UV resistance - when my thread starts to fail, it's time to replace - not repair

having a tramp failure on the water or while stepping the mast could be very serious

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.